Power banks, just like the name suggests, are portable devices that can supply USB power using stored energy in its built-in batteries mostly used for charging smartphones and mobile tablet devices. They are produced with different specifications to satisfy dissimilar user needs. Such specifications include: capacity (milli Ampere-hour), number of output USB ports, output current rating, input current rating, safety protections and LED Indications. Our focus will be on iPhones. An iPhone is a type of smartphone marketed and designed by Apple Inc.
There are three major types of power banks; universal, solar charged and old-style battery phone case. Before buying this type of power storage here is a list of things you should consider:
- Battery size – this information is normally provided the package or can be searched on the internet.
- Charger specifications – is usually located on USB adapter bundled with your device.
Your power bank should be at least the same size as your device battery. It should have output voltage and current equal or higher than your device’s charger specification as well.
Note: to charge safely, if your power bank heats up rapidly, unplug it immediately.
Below is a list of some of the best power banks available in the market today:
Table of Contents
- 10. Villain® – Portable Charger 20000mAh
- 9. Power Bank, JETech 10,000mAh 2-Output Portable External Power Bank Battery Charger Pack
- 8. Jackery Mini 3350mAh Portable Charger – External Battery Pack, Premium Aluminum Power Bank, Portable iPhone Charger for iPhone Xs max/Xs/XR/X/8/7/6/5, Samsung Galaxy S9/S8/S7/S6 (Black)
- 7. Vinsic® 20000mAh Ultra Slim Power Bank
- 6. Power Bank, 20000mAh Portable Charger External Battery Pack
- 5. Wotech® 10000mAh
- 4. Portable Charger RAVPower 20000mAh USB Battery Pack with Dual iSmart 2.0 USB Ports, 3.4A Max Output, 2.4A Input Power Bank for iPhone, iPad, Galaxy, and Android Devices
- 3. iXCC 3400mAH Power Bank
- 2. Anker 3rd Gen PowerCore+ Mini 3350mAh Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank
- 1. Anker 20000mAh Portable Charger PowerCore 20100
- Final Thoughts
10. Villain® – Portable Charger 20000mAh
This 20000mAh power monster boasts of being a villain for a draining battery. It is ultra slim and sleek, has dual ports, and is of high quality. Despite power loss due to resistance and other losses, it can still manage to give up to 19,800mAh which is roughly 98.8%. It is perfect for iPhones, ipads, and MacBooks and the good thing is that all the three can be serviced by single power bank of this kind!
9. Power Bank, JETech 10,000mAh 2-Output Portable External Power Bank Battery Charger Pack
- 10,000mAh capacity with TWO USB outputs: 5V 1A and 5V 2.1A. On/off button to stop/resume charging, 4...
- Built-in flash light. Premium aluminum case: solid aluminum alloy with anodized processing,...
- Maximize compatibility with Android, Apple or other devices
Available in black and silver this bank has a capacity of 10000mAh, two USB ports, a built-in flash light, and a premium aluminum case. It is known for its high compatibility, light weight, stylish design, and luxurious touch. Offers two different current options for recharging your device: 1A current (slower recharge, but more efficient so more juice per single charge of the power bank), or 2.1A current (recharges a device quickly, but drains the power bank). The use of 2.1A slot would probably get close to 1.75 to 2 cell phone charges instead of 2.5.
8. Jackery Mini 3350mAh Portable Charger – External Battery Pack, Premium Aluminum Power Bank, Portable iPhone Charger for iPhone Xs max/Xs/XR/X/8/7/6/5, Samsung Galaxy S9/S8/S7/S6 (Black)
- Jackery Portable Power Station, Power Outdoors.
- TRAVEL CHARGER: The world's smallest external battery charger and power bank is compact, portable &...
- SMARTPHONES & TABLETS: Portable battery charger can be used as Samsung Galaxy S7 charger, Samsung...
This is a sleek aluminum shell protected power bank with LED power level indicators that everyone should have on hand for emergencies. It is not just efficient but also small enough to fit into ones pocket. If you are looking for something portable that is able to give your phone a full charge then look no more. The types of phones it is compatible with include but not limited to the following: Motorola, Nokia, LG, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Galaxy, and NexusHTC One.
7. Vinsic® 20000mAh Ultra Slim Power Bank
- Power Bank, 10 times for iPhone, with high capacity 20000mAh, provides powerful and stable power...
- 5v 3.1A, Dual-port usb charger, it is universal fits for iPhone 6 5S/5/4S/4, iPad, iPod, Samsung...
- Safe to use. Supports over-charged, over-discharged, over-voltage, over-current and short circuit...
Available in red, white, dark grey and golden shades, Vinsic, is a 5v 3.1A, dual-port USB charger, a universal fit for iPhone 6 5S/5/4S/4, iPad, iPod, Samsung devices, HTC phones, tablet PCs, digital cameras, game consoles and MP3/MP4 players, among others. It has a high capacity of 20000mAh, and a hard plastic with aluminum alloy construction. While it’s just a tad too large to put in some pockets – it fits in the pocket of an iPad case just fine. Vinsic has the market cornered for when it comes to style!
6. Power Bank, 20000mAh Portable Charger External Battery Pack
- 20000mAh rechargeable capacity guarantees you'll never be without your smartphone or tablet due to a...
- Lightning-quick output speed (5V / 3A total) through dual USB ports (5V / 2A and 5V / 1A) allow for...
- Status LEDs keep you informed of remaining capacity. Built-in flashlight for dark or low-light...
This one is known for its quick output speed (5V / 3A total) through dual USB ports (5V / 2A and 5V / 1A), simultaneous charging of iPad, iPhone, Android, and more at very high speed. Its compact design makes it an easy fit and super portable. It works great for recharging cell phone multiple times with an LED that indicates its status. This is a gem for anyone who loves traveling. It will not disappoint you thus never worry.
5. Wotech® 10000mAh
Wotech does not have a power bank but guess what? It does not need one. Its design has been focused on the nuts and bolts of a power bank; it is elegant, effective, and high quality with unparalleled comfort grip. Its unique features include: 10,000mAh capacity, dual USB outputs, 4 status LEDs, and unmatched compatibility. It has enough battery charge to impart 5 apple devices with a full charge and does so without heating up.
4. Portable Charger RAVPower 20000mAh USB Battery Pack with Dual iSmart 2.0 USB Ports, 3.4A Max Output, 2.4A Input Power Bank for iPhone, iPad, Galaxy, and Android Devices
- 20000mAh Long Lasting Power: Airplane-friendly high capacity power bank provides 4.5 charges for the...
- Dual Output Meets All Charging Needs: Includes dual iSmart ports for optimized charging with up to...
- 2X Faster Recharge Speed: Save 50% on your recharge time with a full battery in just 9 to 10 hours
RAVPower shows off its exclusive iSmart technology, huge capacity (16750mAh charges), 4.5A Output (highest output in the market), exceptional design (smooth, ebony stylish varnish) and ultra-reliable A+ Lithium-Ion battery with over 500 battery charge cycles. It is equipped with well-fitting USB ports, is small (easy to carry), well-constructed and has a built-in LED flashlight that’s very bright and convenient. This is one convenience item you most definitely own.
3. iXCC 3400mAH Power Bank
- iXCC: Trusted by 5 million+ people for high quality innovative products.
- Ultra Compact: Original Lipstick-sized integral stretched aluminum design (3.8 x 0.9 x 0.9in,...
- High Capacity: Powerful 'mini' charger adds over one full charge to an iPhone 6, almost one full...
iXCC is thin, glossy and comes in a variety of shades. With a single USB port and light weight, this bank is easy to carry and convenient to use. It is highly compatible; iPhones, iPads, iPod, Samsung Galaxy, Nexus, HTC one, Motorola, Nokia, LG, more phones, tablets, MP3 Players, cameras, just to name a few. It is as little as a tube of lipstick and extremely easy to carry. You can also operate your phone while it’s charging.
2. Anker 3rd Gen PowerCore+ Mini 3350mAh Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 10 million+ powered by Amazon's leading charging brand.
- Exclusive PowerIQ Technology: Detects your device to deliver its fastest possible charge speed up to...
- High Capacity: Add one and a half charges to your iPhone 5s or half a charge to your iPad mini using...
Anker PowerCore+ mini uses high-quality Panasonic cells fast charging technology, powerIQ , which detects your device and delivers its fastest possible charge speed up to 1 amp. It has a (3.7 × 0.9 × 0.9in, 3oz) ultra-compact lipstick-shaped aluminum design. It comes with a Micro USB cable, travel pouch, and a welcome guide. It can hold a decent amount of juice for its size; it can charge an iPhone 6 with 0 to 100% and still have some juice left.
1. Anker 20000mAh Portable Charger PowerCore 20100
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 10 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Ultra-High Capacity: Weighs as little as a can of soup (12.5 oz) yet charges the iPhone 7 almost...
- High-Speed Charging: PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to deliver the fastest possible charge(does...
Weighing only 12.5 oz Anker 20000mAh can charge an iPhone 6s seven times, the Galaxy S6 five times or the iPad mini 4 twice. Apart from that, it delivers the fastest possible charge up to 2.4 amps per port or 4.8 amps overall, recharges itself in 10 hours with a 2 amp charger; phone chargers (generally 1 amp) take up to twenty hours. It has a system in place that ensures complete protection for you and your devices. Its package comes with a micro USB cable, a travel pouch and a welcome guide.
In men’s pursue for perfection even power banks are yet to achieve 100% of their actual power capacities. Even so, as observed I the above text, there are those that achieve as high as 95+ percent. With such capabilities and so much more it is impossible to miss a power bank that suits your needs. Explore this fantastic offers and you will be spoilt for choice!