Handheld weeders are great tools to use to keep your garden looking neat. Although their primary role is to get rid of weeds in the garden, they also play a couple of other functions. Some of those other functions include trimming down branches and removing growths in crevices. Some can also be used to slash down grass to a reasonable height. Like all other tools, the handheld weeders need to be taken care of if they are to last long and provide quality service. One way of ensuring that they are well taken care of is through cleaning them up. Dirt on tools tends to increase their depreciation rate. They also need to be sharpened from time to time. One sure way of getting the best handheld weeder for you is through surfing the net. Product reviews will not only give you a brief description of the product but will also quote an average price. If you carefully read the reviews, you will be able to judge the quality of the product.
Table of Contents
- List of the Best Hand Held Weeders of 2018:
- 10. Dig DigTM – NEW & IMPROVED Japanese Hori Hori Garden Landscaping Digging Tool
- 9. True Temper 1942600 Serrated Grass Whip
- 8. Toil in the Soil Paving Hand Weeder – 12.2 inch Overall Length, Rugged Stainless Steel
- 7. Tomita Nisaku Sickle Hoe (NejiriKama)
- 6. Flexrake CLA329 Classic Dandelion Weeder
- 5. Hand Weeder with Ergonomic Handle from Homegrown Garden Tools
- 4. True Temper 1983800 Best Hand Weeder
- 3. CobraHead Weeder and Cultivator
- 2. Grampa’s Weeder
- 1. Fiskars Deluxe Stand-up Weeder (4-claw)
- Final Thoughts
List of the Best Hand Held Weeders of 2018:
10. Dig DigTM – NEW & IMPROVED Japanese Hori Hori Garden Landscaping Digging Tool
- NEW & IMPROVED - Now FULL LENGTH Metal Tang in Handle. You are buying absolute Quality !
- TOUGH SHARP SERRATED CUTTING EDGE - Perfect Tool for cutting bushes, branches, grass, weeds &...
- PROTECTIVE SHEATH - Keep your Hori Hori knife on belt for easy access, protect it when not in use....
Do you have stubborn weeds? The Japanese Dig Dig is the perfect tool for cutting bushes, grass, weeds and branches. It’s tough and sharp cutting edge cuts through the branches with ease. To improve its quality, it has a full-length metal tang in the handle. The Dig Dig is very easy to clean and comes with a protective sheath to offer it protection when not in use.
9. True Temper 1942600 Serrated Grass Whip
- Double edged serrated blade
- Tempered steel blade stays sharp
- 10-inch shank for added reach
The Grass Whip is a very efficient gardening tool as it cuts both ways thanks to its double-edged serrated blades. It is coated with E-coat that makes it rust resistant and durable. To add to its strength, the grass whip’s handle is made of northern ash that is seal coated.
8. Toil in the Soil Paving Hand Weeder – 12.2 inch Overall Length, Rugged Stainless Steel
- STAINLESS STEEL BLADE - 3-1/2 inch wide blade constructed of high-quality stainless steel; garden...
- SLIM L-SHAPED DESIGN - Best tool for weed removal; provides multiple cutting edges; designed to dig...
- ASH WOOD HANDLE - 5.7 inch handle fits comfortably in palm of your hand; resilient hardwood;...
This hand weeder is durable and light in weight and boasts of being comfortable in the hand. Its design allows it to get to weeds in crevices and cracks making it an excellent tool for landscaping. You do not have to worry about replacing it soon once bought since it is quite durable and also comes with a one year guarantee.
7. Tomita Nisaku Sickle Hoe (NejiriKama)
The Tomita Nisaku is about 10.5 inches in length and comes with a blade of about four inches in size. For comfort, while handling, the handle has been made out of wood. Treated steel has been used to make the rest of the parts guaranteeing its durability.
6. Flexrake CLA329 Classic Dandelion Weeder
- A full line of essential tools reminiscent of gardening's glorious tradition
- Modeled after hard-to-find antiques from a time when tools were painstakingly crafted by hand
- Classic features quality craftsmanship and details like beautiful oak handles and durable carbon...
From its design, it is easy to tell that the Flexrake is a unique gardening tool. The craftsmanship used to make the Flexrake is of high quality, as it dawns features like oak handles and steel blades made out of carbon. It also includes a leather hanger and it does not bend.
5. Hand Weeder with Ergonomic Handle from Homegrown Garden Tools
Product out of Stock!
This gardening tool is best used with one hand and has a curved shaft design that allows it to easily penetrate the ground to get rid of weeds. Its durability is unrivaled as its shaft is made out of aluminum. To enhance grip and reduce wrist fatigue, the handle is made of rubber and is big in size.
4. True Temper 1983800 Best Hand Weeder
Product out of Stock!
The Ames True Temper primary role is to assist rid lawns and flower beds of weeds. Its handle is made out of wood and to increase comfort, the wood has poly over-molded grip. The head of the Ames True Temper is forged out of steel plated with chrome and riveted to give that extra strength.
3. CobraHead Weeder and Cultivator
- BUILT BY GARDENERS - CobraHead tools are developed from seasons of hands-on gardening experience.
- EASY TO USE - Our classic garden weeding tools are great for greenhorns or green thumbs of all ages.
- TEMPERED STEEL BLADE - Gardeners love this tool because the curved head plows though any soil.
This gardening tool has a very simple design that incorporates a steel ‘finger’ which plays the role of grabbing roots and weeds. It head is made of steel coated with zinc whereas its handle is made of wood fiber and recycled plastic.
2. Grampa’s Weeder
Product out of Stock!
The Grampa’s Weeder was designed for those whose backs hurt while gardening since it allows one to weed while standing. It also comes with a lifetime guarantee and its handle is made of bamboo. The steel used to make the rest of the parts is coated with powder to enhance durability.
1. Fiskars Deluxe Stand-up Weeder (4-claw)
Product out of Stock!
The Fiskars will permanently put an end to your days of buying herbicide. It can permanently get rid of weeds without the help of herbicide. Measuring at about thirty-nine inches, the Fiskars allows one to garden without bending or stooping. The product comes with a lifetime warranty.
If you are in the market for hand held gardening tools and you are not sure which one to go for, the above selected few will make a good choice. Each tool has great strengths in terms of features. It is up to you to select one that will suit your needs.