Many tend to appreciate the landscape design in homes but not many know the effort taken for it to be beautiful. A lot of equipment are used to ensure that the landscape is maintained. It is very easy to implement a landscape design but it is very difficult to maintain. One of the tool used is hand lawn edger, it ensures the landscape is well defined especially when it comes to the lawn and hardscape. It creates defined edge to ensure grass cannot extend to the hardscape.
Table of Contents
- Here are some of the best hand lawn edgers:
- 10. Ames True Temper TEGT Green Thumb Handle Basic Turf Edger, 48-Inch
- 9. Truper 34073 Multi 2-In-1 Shovel-Edger, 48-Inch Fiberglass Handle, 9-inch Grip
- 8. Fiskars 38.5 Inch Long-handle Steel Edger (9893)
- 7. Radius Garden 22611 Root Slayer Edger, Red
- 6. Radius Garden 25602 Pro-Lite Ergonomic Carbon Steel Edger, Green
- 5. Radius Garden 20605 PRO Ergonomic Stainless Steel Edger, Olive
- 4. Ames True Temper HDP38 Steppin’ Edger for Sidewalks and Driveways
- 3. Yard Butler EDGE-180 Manual Lawn Edger
- 2. The AMES Companies 2917200 Border Edger
- 1. Truper 32100 Tru Tough Rotary Lawn Edger with Dual Wheel and Ash Handle, 48-Inch
- Final Thoughts
Here are some of the best hand lawn edgers:
10. Ames True Temper TEGT Green Thumb Handle Basic Turf Edger, 48-Inch
It has a 48 inch handle which is very firm for easy grip. Its blade which is 4 3/4 is durable and very strong. It is the best for trimming the most resistant grass. It is contoured, this ensures comfort and control when using it.
9. Truper 34073 Multi 2-In-1 Shovel-Edger, 48-Inch Fiberglass Handle, 9-inch Grip
This lawn edger does the job. The blade has a unique design that makes it very functional in terms of edging the flower beds. The blade is very strong and durable. It has a very strong handle that can withstand any force. It also has a collar which is made of steel that connects the shovel neck and handles ensures it is stable. It comes with a lifetime warranty.
8. Fiskars 38.5 Inch Long-handle Steel Edger (9893)
Fiskars get the job done. This is because of its hardened steel blade and 18-gauge steel shaft. It makes sure it serve you for the longest time. It has T handle making sure you can hold it with 2 hands and it ensures an easy and strong grip. It is long enough to do the job it is 38 ½ inches.
7. Radius Garden 22611 Root Slayer Edger, Red
If you are looking for the edgy landscape then the garden weasel is what you looking for. It edges the edge very fast this is because the blade is sharp and does not bend easily. It is long enough for convenience (54.75 inch). It is rust and corrosive resistant. It is also very easy to clean and use. It comes with a lifetime warranty.
6. Radius Garden 25602 Pro-Lite Ergonomic Carbon Steel Edger, Green
Its handle is O shaped giving it an easy grip with both hands and does not hurt your hands. This ensures you don’t get any blisters or splinters. Making sure your hands are comfortable and you can work the whole day. It is made of the carbon steel blade making it durable.
5. Radius Garden 20605 PRO Ergonomic Stainless Steel Edger, Olive
If quality is what you looking for, then the radius garden is your answer. It has a high quality stainless steel blade with better comfort. Its handle has ergonomic design that helps in gripping whether wet or dry. The blade is sharpened being the best for edging with little effort.
4. Ames True Temper HDP38 Steppin’ Edger for Sidewalks and Driveways
It is the best to clean edge ensuring your landscape is well defined. One can be able to cut the edge following the walking motion. It has a sharp blade ensuring you use less effort in edging. It comes with a lifetime warranty making sure you are confident when buying the Ames true stepper.
3. Yard Butler EDGE-180 Manual Lawn Edger
The yard butler is very gentle and as much as it cuts to perfection it also ensure it does not damage the grass root. Its design is appealing as well as functional. It is able to focus the weight on the blade making it easy and quick to cut the grass on the edge. It comes with a lifetime warranty.
2. The AMES Companies 2917200 Border Edger
Best for making edges in the garden, kerbs, patios or driveways. It does all this without damaging the grass root. The blade is made of carbon steel making it durable, rust free, corrosion free. Its design is very functional ensuring you are comfortable when edging. It is very easy to use and maintain. It comes with a garden weasel edge chopper.
1. Truper 32100 Tru Tough Rotary Lawn Edger with Dual Wheel and Ash Handle, 48-Inch
Best for ensuring the sidewalk is clean from grass or weed. Its handle can be described as strong and durable. It is very easy to use as well as maintain. It has a unique design and finish, which is clear coated gray steel. It is 48 inch, long enough to do the job. It comes with a 10 year warranty.
With the above lawn edgers, maintaining the landscape becomes easier. All you got to do is ensure you have bought the above lawn edger and I can promise you your neighbor will work up to you and ask for tips in maintaining their landscape.