Tillers are used in the garden to help in feeding, digging and aerating the ground. Before you settle your mind on which tiller to buy, you have to be sure that is will allow you to have an enjoyable and fun time in the garden. It should be built to last, easy to use and also comfortable on your hands. These ten products that we have named below all will guarantee you this. They are from different brands.
Table of Contents
- List of the Best Power Tillers of 2018:
- 10. Mantis 7924 2-Cycle Plus Tiller
- 9. GreenWorks 27072 8 Amp 10-Inch Corded Tiller
- 8. Sun Joe TJ599E-RED Aardvark 2.5 Amp Electric Garden Cultivator, Red
- 7. VonHaus 12.5 Inch 7 Amp Electric Garden Tiller
- 6. BLACK+DECKER LGC120 20V Lithium-Ion Cordless Garden Cultivator/Tiller
- 5. Mantis 2-Cycle Tiller Cultivator
- 4. Earthquake MC43 43cc 2-Cycle CARB Compliant Engine Mini Cultivator Tiller
- 3. Mantis 4-Cycle Tiller Cultivator
- 2. Sun Joe TJ603E 16-Inch 12-Amp Electric Tiller
- 1. Earthwise 11-Inch 8.5-Amp Corded Electric Tiller
- Final Thoughts
List of the Best Power Tillers of 2018:
10. Mantis 7924 2-Cycle Plus Tiller
- 21.2cc gas 2-cycle commercial engine turns tines twice as fast as other small tillers
- Fast-Start Technology makes pulling the starter cord 75% easier
- Weighs only 21 pounds for easy lifting and transport to garden
It uses the fast start technology to help make pulling the cord to be easier. The user is guarantees of an easy time when it comes to carrying the tiller to the garden since it is lightweight. It can be used for digging and weeding in the backyard and even between plants. The grip handles are easy on the hand and also very comfortable even if used for an extended period.
9. GreenWorks 27072 8 Amp 10-Inch Corded Tiller
- Powerful 8 Amp Motor for reliable results with an easy electric start eliminates the need for mixing...
- (4) 8-inch forward rotating tines for highest performance when digging into earth
- Adjustable tilling width of 8.25" to 10" for quick reliable tilling;Assembly details: Assembly...
It comes with a powerful 8 amp motor that makes it efficient. The forward rotating tines give it the ability to perform well when digging into the earth. The user can be able to adjust the tilling depth and the tilling width for better results. The handles of this tiller fold down when the need for convenient storage and also easy transportation. It is very budget friendly regarding price thus most people can afford it.
8. Sun Joe TJ599E-RED Aardvark 2.5 Amp Electric Garden Cultivator, Red
- Best Use: Small gardens and flower beds
- 2.5-Amp motor cultivates up to 6.3" wide x 6" deep
- Durability: Steel tilling blades
It is a bit smaller as compared to others offered on the market. The tiller is perfect for use in gardens and flower beds. It is powered by a 2.5 amp motor. This shows that it is not able to do heavy work. The steel tilling blades are very durable since they are solidly constructed. The handle has a unique design, and it also has an adjustable telescoping shaft. It is well priced due to the low price rate of the unit.
7. VonHaus 12.5 Inch 7 Amp Electric Garden Tiller
- POWERFUL: 850W motor
- IMPRESSIVE TILLING DEPTH: 4 robust steel tines - with 4 extra-sharp blades - capable of tilling to...
- DOUBLE HANDLED: For stability and maneuverability. Easily access the exact patch of soil you need to...
It has double handles that boost stability and also help make it easy to maneuver the tiller. These handles are also well spaced. It also has a safety cut out operation switch that the user can use for safety. The lightweight design makes it comfortable and easy to use the tiller. It also has four strong steel tines that have sharp blades. The motor in the unit is 850 watt.
6. BLACK+DECKER LGC120 20V Lithium-Ion Cordless Garden Cultivator/Tiller
- Powerful transmission with dual tines break up soil to allow water and nutrients to reach plant...
- Powered by 20-volt MAX lithium-ion battery, with longer lifespan and charge retention than NiCad...
- Cultivates up to 325 square feet per charge
It comes with excellent transmission and duals tines that are very effective when it comes to breaking up the soil so as to allow nutrients and water to reach the plant’s roots. The unit is powered by a 20-volt lithium –ion battery that is very durable. It can be able to cultivate up to 325 square feet per charge. The Counter-oscillating tines help in guarding against weeds and also tangling.
5. Mantis 2-Cycle Tiller Cultivator
- Ultra Lightweight. Compact, Powerful, Commercial Quality, for Greenhouse-quality soil
- 10" Digging Depth, 9" Tilling Width
- Folds for Easy Storage
It is designed to give the user with superior grip for safety and ease of control. The tiller comes in an ultra-lightweight making it great since it easy to handle. It is also powerful thus boosting its efficiency. It is foldable when not in use for easy storage. This also allows it to minimize the space it occupies. It offers heavyweight performance in a lightweight body.
4. Earthquake MC43 43cc 2-Cycle CARB Compliant Engine Mini Cultivator Tiller
- Versatile - Weeding, mixing and aerating
- Convenient - On-board wheels adjust for transport and depth control
- Control - Overhand control reduces bouncing and jumping allowing you to remove your weeds, not your...
It provides the user with Adjustable cultivating depth, variable speed control, clutch, and throttle control. This makes it easy to operate the tiller. The price is affordable since it is lower compared to other tillers on the market. It can be used for a wedding, aerating and even mixing. The onboard wheels makes it easy to transport the tiller and also depth control. This unit is a must have for most people.
3. Mantis 4-Cycle Tiller Cultivator
- Powerful Honda 4-cycle (gas only, no fuel mix required) 25cc engine spins the tines twice as fast as...
- Weighs just 24 pounds. Tine speed up to 240 rpm
- Finger controlled throttle for infinite speed control and ease of operation
It has four cycles and a 25 cc engine that spins the spin very fast when compared to other tillers. The user gets to enjoy a five-year warranty and a lifetime warranty on the tines in the case of breakage. It features a finger controlled throttle that provides the user with ease of operation. The tine has unique shape and design to allow them to get deep into the soil when needed.
2. Sun Joe TJ603E 16-Inch 12-Amp Electric Tiller
- Powerful 12-amp motor cultivates up to 16 in. (40.6 cm) wide x 8 in. (20.3 cm) deep
- 6 durable steel angled tines for maximum durability and performance
- Handle folds for convenient storage and easy transport ; Voltage (V):120
With this electric tiller, we assure you that it will deliver efficiency, performance, durability, and quality to the user. It has three position wheels and handles folds that make it easy to transport and also store when not in use. It is powered by a 12 amp that is very powerful. The electric tiller has six steel angled tines that are durable and also help in its performance. Maintenance is effortless since you do not need any oil or gas.
1. Earthwise 11-Inch 8.5-Amp Corded Electric Tiller
- 11" cutting width / 8" cutting depth
- Powerful 8.5 Amp
- Four strong steel four-blade tines
It is well made making it very powerful. The tiller has four sturdy steel four blades tines that boost its performance. The tiller is very easy to transport since it has flip up and down wheels that the user can utilize. Its lightweight nature also makes it easy to move plus it can be maneuvered easily. The unit is powered by an 8.5 amp cord that makes it powerful enough to handle the task issued to it.
The product that we have named above are all well-constructed. They will deliver great results at very low prices. Do not waste your money on the tillers that are very expensive. These ten products are all from different brands, and they have different features that make them all unique. For people who want quality and durability, these are the go-to products.