Selecting a safe and durable tire air compressor can be a challenge especially when there is a wide range available. Choosing the best out of them is tough. There are a lot of factors that need to be considered while buying a tire air compressor. One best and possible way is to read the reviews of different compressors and then choose according to your desire. By reading various reviews, you can compare the price, durability and life of a compressor. As air compressors have become a need of today’s world and are used in gas stations, manufacturing plants, home workshops, garages and many more places it is imperative to choose the finest one. The air compressors should be influential, but they should be handled easily. Preferably, they should be useful enough to handle a broad range of different plans. People should keep in their mind that the more they take care of their maintenance, the more durable the compressor will become. Here is a list and reviews of top 7 tire air compressors to help you choose the best one.
Table of Contents
- 1. California Air Tools CAT-6310
- 2. Porter Cable PCFP02003 3.5 Gallon 135 PSI Pancake Compressor
- 3. Porter-Cable CMB15 150 PSI 1.5 Gallon Oil-Free Fully Shrouded Compressor
- 4. Dewalt DWFP55130 Heavy Duty 200 PSI
- 5. Senco PC1010 1 Horsepower Peak ½
- 6. Makita MAC700 Big Bore 2.0 HP Air Compressor
- 7. Bostitch BTFP72646 3 Tool Compressor Combo Kit
1. California Air Tools CAT-6310
- Ultra Quiet only 60 Decibels
- Oil-Free Pump for Less Maintenance & Costs
- 6.3 Gallon Steel Horizontal Tank with Wheels
California air compressor maintains its position on number one by being the best tire air compressor which is durable, easily movable, and available at a realistic price. The weight is only 49 pounds and is noiseless at 60 decibels. It’s oil free design is the main reason for its recognition because it costs extremely less to the consumers.
This portable tire air compressor has grasped the attention of its customers due to its best features. The motor of this compressor runs at 1 HP in its 6.3-gallon steel flat tank. It facilitates its customers with one year warranty. This tire air compressor will give you best results when applied to smaller products like air dusters, nail guns, and light spraying appliances. It isn’t much suitable for a heavier project.
One major drawback is its heavy smell which can affect your respiratory system. It takes the time to refill. Despite some problems, it is the best to use with some appealing qualities.
2. Porter Cable PCFP02003 3.5 Gallon 135 PSI Pancake Compressor
- 2.0 SCFM delivered @ 90 PSI pump, 3.5 gallon tank and 135 max PSI for longer run time and quicker...
- Durable oil-free pump for long life and no maintenance
- Low Amp 120V motor
The next comes in the list is porter cable pancake compressor. This tire air compressor has many best qualities in it. Its weight is only 26 pounds, and it is available at a very reasonable price in the market. It is easily movable from one place to another due to its size and shape. This compressor is only 135 PSI with a low amp of 120 volts motor. Moreover, one of its best quality is that it contains oil-free pump which requires less maintenance and is durable. It is very useful for cold weather as well because of its two gauges and quick connect coupler.
Due to its 82 dBA level so it is the loudest air compressor one can ever imagine. All products have some drawback, and so does this air compressor has. This tire air compressor is disposed to breakage sooner because of the low-quality material, and particularly the plastic which tries to refuse the pressure.
3. Porter-Cable CMB15 150 PSI 1.5 Gallon Oil-Free Fully Shrouded Compressor
- 2.0 SCFM at 90 psi allows for quick compressor recovery time, per ISO1217
- 1.5 gal tank in shroud is easy to carry, includes water drain valve and rubber feet
- 150 psi max tank pressure stores more air in the tank for longer tool runtimes
This durable and low priced solid model is dominant than the previous models of the Porter-cable. The weight of this 1.5-gallon tank is only 20 pounds with a 120v motor which operates entirely cold weather. Its noise level is at 79 dBA which is bearable than any other compressor.
This tire air compressor contains 8-piece accessory kit with one year warranty. One thing of this compressor is its average quality, but again somehow it has maintained its position.
4. Dewalt DWFP55130 Heavy Duty 200 PSI
- 3.0 SCFM delivered at 90 PSI pump, 2.5 gallon tank and 200 max PSI
- Durable oil free pump provides extended maintenance-free operation
- Low 71.5 dB allows for quieter operation;High-flow regulator for increased performance
This appealing tire air compressor has a beautiful design in black and yellow. Its weight is only 36 pound with a handle that makes it easy to carry it from one place to another. It gives you a warranty of 1 year which is very upright. One best quality of this tire air compressor is its high quality and durability. It contains a motor which can be strained at 12 amps with slack free start up to decrease tripping the breaker. It’s an oil-free design, and It is 12.5 inches thin, so it easily fits into small places.
One complaint which has come most of the time is about overheating. Another challenging issue is the absence of a pipe with the unit. It is still an outstanding unit due to its movability.
5. Senco PC1010 1 Horsepower Peak ½
- Lightweight and portable--easy to carry from site to site as you work
- One horsepower peak ,1/2 horsepower runningand one-gallon capacity
- Ideal for a range of renovation and home improvement jobs, as well as for hobbies and crafts
This tire air compressor has many qualities which make it different from others. It is available at a very low price in the market and weighs only 20 pounds. It is not that much noisy and is tolerable at 73 dBA. Horsepower peak ½ means it can do the work at ½ horsepower.
It is oil free and can handle the pressure up to 125 PSI with the ability to go from 0-120 in only 128 seconds. This compressor has one year warranty.
One major drawback of this tire air compressor is that it cannot be taken from one place to another. It is not portable, so that’s why it is useful for smaller jobs.
6. Makita MAC700 Big Bore 2.0 HP Air Compressor
- Cast iron pump with big bore cylinder and piston, combined with greater bore and stroke, delivers...
- Substantially lower noise levels with a large 1,720 RPM pump, enabling greater displacement at lower...
- Low amp draw reduces incidences of tripped breakers and voltage drop that can cause premature motor...
This air compressor contains a cast iron pump with big bore tubes and pistons which make it powerful and faster as compared to others. It makes Low noise with low AMP draw in high output. It Runs at a lower RPM (1,720) which results in greater motor and long lasting life. It is available for you with a warranty of one year, and it contains 2.6-gallon tank.
One major drawback is of its weight which is approximately 50 pounds which make it difficult to carry. Anyone can easily operate it, and it refills quickly at about 20 seconds.
7. Bostitch BTFP72646 3 Tool Compressor Combo Kit
- CORDLESS AIR COMPRESSOR: The BTFP02012 is at 6 gallons, 150PSI, and 2.6SCFM with a high efficiency...
- BRAD NAILER: The SB-1850BN drives 18-gauge Brad Nails from 5/8" to 2" for a wide variety of...
- STRAIGHT FINISH NAILER: The SB-1664FN drives 1-1/4- to 2-1/2-inch, 16-gauge finish nails.
This tire air compressor contains 6-gallon tank which has easy drainage system due to the drain valve. As it is a combo kit, so it includes straight nailer, brad nailer, and a crown stapler. Due to these accessories, it is expensive. Its fame is due to its oil free pump. It is noisy at 80 dBA. The diameter of this device is fragile. One unique quality it has is of its light weight that is only 20 pounds. People can carry it anywhere they want. It has a warranty of 1 year which adds another feature to its specialty.