Nothing seems to overwhelm consumers like the wine cooler category when it comes to home appliances. You can find a cooler for a hundred dollars to one that costs a few thousand dollars. This leaves people confused. Although you can use a refrigerator to chill a bottle of wine, wine preservation is an entirely different thing.
Aging fine wine needs a special environment that slows done the chemical reactions. Cold temperature slows down this development.
Table of Contents
- Choosing the Right Cooling Unit
- 10. CellarCool CX4400 Wine Cellar Cooling Unit
- 9. Vinotemp VNTWM-3500HZD Wine-Mate Self-Contained Cellar Cooling System
- 8. CellarCool® CX2200 Wine Cellar Cooling Unit
- 7. WhisperKOOL 2000i Wine Cooling Unit, 7262
- 6. Emerson 12 Bottle Wine Cooler
- 5. WhisperKOOL Slim line 2500 Wine Cellar Cooling Unit –
- 4. Breezaire WKL-4000 Wine Cellar Cooling Unit -Max Room Size = 1000 cu ft
- 3. WhisperKOOL SC 4000i Wine Cellar Cooling Unit (up to 1000 cu ft.)
- 2. Breezaire WKL-2200 Wine Cellar Cooling Unit Max Room Size = 265 cu ft
- 1. IGloo 12-Bottle Wine Cooler with Curved Glass Door
- Final Thoughts
Choosing the Right Cooling Unit
The right temperature is important to keep your wine cooled, you need a cooler with a range of at least 45 to 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
Thermoelectric vs compressor
A compressor type of cooler is affordable and a good choice. However, they are loud and heavy. Thermoelectric coolers are efficient, less noisy and perform better.
Humidity is what keeps the cork moist and helps the wine bottle last for long.
A noisy cooler could be a nuisance. Choose a cooler that has a high level of insulation to combat this noise.
Some coolers consume more energy and others are not Energy star rated. Go for one with an Energy Star rating to preserve the environment as well as cut down energy costs.
So here are some top 10 wine coolers in the year of 2021 that match your need:
10. CellarCool CX4400 Wine Cellar Cooling UnitGet it now on Amazon.com
This wine cooler unit is made to ensure reliability, longevity, and durability. Its ideal temperatures are maintained to ensure the proper preservation of your wines. You will be provided an easy to follow manual for your do-it-yourself installation. Moreover, with your purchased today, you will be provided a two-year warranty. So go buy this wine cooler unit before it runs out of stock.
9. Vinotemp VNTWM-3500HZD Wine-Mate Self-Contained Cellar Cooling SystemGet it now on Amazon.com
Vinotemp boasts as being one of the top manufacturers of wine refrigerators having been in the market for over 20 years. The VNTWM version is made of wood and racking and offers different selection of wooden units. With a capacity to hold fifty to two hundred bottles, this cooler is moderately priced.
8. CellarCool® CX2200 Wine Cellar Cooling UnitGet it now on Amazon.com
One of the economical options in the market, the CellarCool has advanced cooling capabilities and angled fans for overall air flow. It doesn’t need any shelf support due to the rear flange. You can use mounting brackets for a through the wall installation. Being compact, the unit is durable and provides maximum performance.
7. WhisperKOOL 2000i Wine Cooling Unit, 7262Get it now on Amazon.com
Embodying greatest system technologies, the 2000i unit includes a range of high end componentry at the best price in the market. With a 2000 cu ft., the unit is ideal for through the wall installation and between wall studs. Interior installation is ideal for the 2000i units. Enjoy the durable finish and coated evaporator coil.
6. Emerson 12 Bottle Wine CoolerGet it now on Amazon.com
Being a thermoelectric unit, the Emerson 12 bottle wine cooler is able to hold up to 12 bottles. Being compact and lightweight, this cooler can fit any countertop. Featuring a sleek black finish and precision temperature control, this cooler has overwhelming reviews online. It’s also UV resistant and quiet.
5. WhisperKOOL Slim line 2500 Wine Cellar Cooling Unit –Get it now on Amazon.com
Featuring the quietest interior venting, the WhisperKOOL slim line was made to fit into an unused space between the ceiling and cellar door, providing you with enough storage capacity. Equipped with platinum series controller, this unit uses advanced protection technology and monitoring probes to ensure maximum performance and durability.
4. Breezaire WKL-4000 Wine Cellar Cooling Unit -Max Room Size = 1000 cu ftGet it now on Amazon.com
Designed to cool an entire room, the Breezaire wine cellar cooling unit covers an area of 650 cubic feet. With a separate control panel, you can put it in a separate cabinet with an LCD display to check the cooling system. You can also adjust the temperature to 65 degrees. Moreover, the system automatically reduces the noise and energy consumption.
3. WhisperKOOL SC 4000i Wine Cellar Cooling Unit (up to 1000 cu ft.)Get it now on Amazon.com
Designed to fit between wall studs, the WhisperKOOL cooing unit has a mounting bracket and a simple interior installation. With an advanced digital controller and a dynamic airflow, this cooler comes with a 2 year warranty on labor and parts, and a 5 year warranty on the compressor.
2. Breezaire WKL-2200 Wine Cellar Cooling Unit Max Room Size = 265 cu ftGet it now on Amazon.com
The Breezaire WKL-2200 has a gentle cooling action that maintains relative humidity. Designed to cool 25 degrees, this wine cooler features an adjustable thermostat that controls the conditions of the wine cellar. Furthermore, the system is designed to be vibration free. Expect the best quality of wine when using the WKL-2200 cooling unit.
1. IGloo 12-Bottle Wine Cooler with Curved Glass DoorGet it now on Amazon.com
With enough room to hold up to twelve bottles, this cooler is one of the most affordable in the market. Featuring a single button regulator, the Igloo cooler is perfect to the exterior as it controls the temperature at all times. The white interior light allows you to see what’s inside. Find a dual layer glass door and an adjustable temperature control for white and red wine.
Regardless of what you want to buy, finding the right cooler that suits your needs requires careful consideration, a wine cooler is perfect if you really love your wine and enjoy the different tastes. Pick one of these coolers to give your wine the TLC it deserves.