If you are looking for an in-depth review of the best full face motorcycle helmets, look no further. The features most beneficial in a full-face helmet, as you already know or could guess, are airflow, anti-fog, and lightweight design. After that, modifications done for added comfort, ease, or even sound are always nice, and warranties are never bad news. Every model you find on this top 10 list was researched extensively, and as always we have combined manufacturer stories, customer reviews, and specs to see who made the list this time. Every helmet that we picked is an amazing one, and you are sure to find a favorite here!
Table of Contents
- List of the Best Full Face Motorcycle Helmets of 2018:
- 10. HJC CS-R2 Skarr Full Face Motorcycle Helmet – MC-5 Black, X-Large
- 9. SHOEI Neotec White Size:XXL Motorcycle Full-face-helmet
- 8. NENKI Helmets NK-852 Full Face Motorcycle Helmets Dot Approved With Dual Visors
- 7. LS2 Stream FF328
- 6. Nolan N-104 Absolute Outlaw in Flat Black
- 5. GMAX GM54S Flat Black Modular Helmet
- 4. Arai RX-Q Conflict Blue Full Face Helmet – 2X-Large
- 3. ScorpionEXO Unisex-Adult Modular/Flip Up Adventure Touring Motorcycle Helmet
- 2. HJC CL-17 Rebel – This One is “The Punisher” Themed – Other Graphics Available
- 1. SHOEI RF-1200 Parameter Helmet
- Final Thoughts
List of the Best Full Face Motorcycle Helmets of 2018:
10. HJC CS-R2 Skarr Full Face Motorcycle Helmet – MC-5 Black, X-Large
- Advanced Aerodynamic Polycarbonate Composite Sculptured Shell, Lightweight superior fit & comfort...
- "ACS" Advanced Channeling ventilation system: Full front to back airflow flushes heat and humidity...
- Plush Nylex Interior: Fully Removable/Washable Interior Cheek Pads & Liner
The HJC CS-R2 Skarr Full Face Motorcycle Helmet will deliver an Advanced Poly-carbonate Composite Sculptured shell, with and ACS ventilation system. Plush Nylex Interior, that is removable and easily washable. 2 Stage shield closure mechanism, and Optically Superior Anti-Scratch face shield will give you superior visibility, and the HJC has been doing this since 1971, with the last 18 in the 1 worldwide manufacturer place. HJC Helmets are designed to be everything you want out a helmet in terms of durability, safety, and performance. This helmet is loaded with features for the money, customers love it.
9. SHOEI Neotec White Size:XXL Motorcycle Full-face-helmet
- Please note: Rear image is intended to show design pattern, see main image for color reference....
- Free shipping on this item. Includes a free SHOEI helmet pouch. All orders are processed and shipped...
- SHOEI brand helmet is one of the best highend motorcycle helmets in the market. It is known for...
From a company that takes 50 people to hand make every helmet, the SHOEI Neotec Motorcycle Full-face-helmet is built to last, with safety, performance, and durability in the forefront. This helmet comes in a variety of colors and is amply ventilated and tested using SHOEI’s wind tunnel to test the perfect balance, making the SHOEI helmet line some of the quietest helmets around. Dual layer EPS liner, Enlarged, single button release, and a 3D Injection Molded Inner Sun Shield. Blocks 99% of UV rays and large lower vent shutter allows for easy of use with gloves. The full liner is quickly releasable so that it is easily handed washable, and each SHOEI helmet is considered and expected ahead of time to be at the top of their class. You can’t lose with SHOEI, and people know this. They have been setting standards since the conception of making their first product.
8. NENKI Helmets NK-852 Full Face Motorcycle Helmets Dot Approved With Dual Visors
- Thermoplastic Injected Shell,Expanded Polystyrene (EPS), Impact Absorption
- Dual Visor, Outer Visor With Inner Sun Shield
- Multiple Vents For Optimum Ventilation
The NENKI Helmets NK-852 Full Face Motorcycle Helmets Dot Approved With Dual Visors has a very attractive look. The NENKI comes in a variety of colors and will deliver a Thermoplastic injected Shell made with expanded polystyrene, more than equipped for safety. Enjoy a dual visor, with an inner sun shell, and multiple vents for optimum ventilation. DOT and ECE approved, and from a company that has a made it a long way since 2008, the proof is all over where helmets are sold about the NENKI name. From the customers’ reviews, this helmet is comfy, quiet and built to last.
7. LS2 Stream FF328
- Built-in Twin Shield System Drop Down Sun Shield protects your eyes from the sun and retracts with...
- DOT approved quick release chin strap is easy to secure and easy to release
- Technical fabric liner is easily removed and washable so you can keep your helmet as fresh as the...
It’s such a good feeling to see the first 10 reviews contain two, life-saving events next to 5 stars reviews. The LS2 Stream FF328 has been a life saver in many collisions where it could have killed the rider. The specs are well thought out and specifically crafted for safety, noise reduction, and performance. For comfort, the LS2 offers a Magna-Tech Liner with laser cut foam, hypoallergenic and breathable, and also easily removable and washable. Chin curtain and breath deflector, with ample ventilation from channeled ports on top and the chin, and exhaust ports placed for optimal balance. The LS2 Stream helmet shows excellent craftsmanship in very last detail. Quick release system, scratch resistant, UV resistant, Pinlock 70 MAX Vision…you name it. LS2 has been around since 1992, and claimed their stake in a near impermeable class next to the industry icons, for prices that won’t take all your money.
6. Nolan N-104 Absolute Outlaw in Flat Black
- 2 Visors Included: Clear + Smoked and 1 Neck Scarf for Winter Use
- Streamlined Aerodynamic Design Reduces Wind Noise and Drag
- Advanced and Lightweight Durable ABS Shell
The Nolan N-104 Absolute Outlaw in Flat Black is loaded with features, manufactured by a company that cares about all the right things. The customer reviews are bragging, and Nolan has topped the cake compared to its predecessors this time for people who were already fans. The Nolan N104 delivers exceptional soundproofing, Clima-Comfort padding with moisture wicking, and a washable neck pad. The monolithic cheek pads with integrated chin strap padding that delivers extra comfort will benefit you an even the longest of rides, with customers commenting that it feels perfect on. Aerodynamic and lightweight Lexan Poly-carbonate shell features a built in spoiler for the best stability, and a large, optically correct visor with a push button release that has fans praising its Microlock double lever retention system, which allows easy access.
5. GMAX GM54S Flat Black Modular Helmet
The GMAX GM54S Flat Black Modular Helmet is yet another example of a helmet with all the whistles for a fraction of the price. This GMAX helmet delivers comfort, superior design that lessens fatigue by maintaining even weight distribution, and a Distortion free single lens shield. The unique flip-jaw technology allows the user to increase the line of sight, and the inner flip shield is easily raised or lowered with a lever located on the exterior of the helmet. Customers are saying that the flashing LED on the back is excellent for added safety, and the GMAX gives you the same specs of some higher priced models, but it is kind of noisy. Careful adjusting the helmet if you are a new rider, as a loose helmet can hurt you. GMAX is the result of a dream come true for a group of enthusiasts that teamed up with an award winning design team, and respected name in their industry says they didn’t get their feelings hurt. They had it.
4. Arai RX-Q Conflict Blue Full Face Helmet – 2X-Large
- Completely new helmet based on Corsair V shell
- Same wider eyeport opening as Corsair V
- Same face shield as the Corsair V
The Arai RX-Q Conflict Blue Full Face Helmet is said to be better than it’s predecessors. 5.0 star rated, and the customers are saying that it is quiet and not tugging during aero-movemets. A nice, wide viewport allows for basically helmet free peripherals, and the RX-Q Conflict looks amazing. This is what we can tell you about Arai. This company has grit. They have been around since before the motor helmet even came out. They realized that accidents were inevitable, and design their helmets by such strict standards, that meeting safety standards never even crosses their mind. They are dads and riders, and a respected family owned business turned industry leader, and to be honest, we believe that they deserved every second of it. Arai helmets are designed under such strict regard to safety, that they exceed simple safety specs before they ever leave the factory. Priced a couple hundred dollars less then some of their competitors, the Arai RX Conflict is durable, safe beyond measure, designed for comfort. This helmet delivers an extra large eye port opening, and an intermediate oval fits like the Quantum 2. You will enjoy advanced ventilation, and with the Conflict being such a knock-out on reviews, probably a favorite for years to come. Arai is currently setting industry standards on everything they touch, and the last thing they would give you is something less than immaculate.
3. ScorpionEXO Unisex-Adult Modular/Flip Up Adventure Touring Motorcycle Helmet
- Once again Scorpion redefines the definition of value and versatility.
- Introducing the all new EXO-AT950, a versatile modular adventure touring helmet.
- It has features and quality that you would expect to pay three times more for.
ScorpionEXO Unisex-Adult Modular/Flip Up Adventure Touring Motorcycle Helmet is said by customers to be one of the best fitting and quietest helmets around, and you will likely see the Scorpion line wherever there is a blog about the best helmets. Scorpion came into the industry over 10 years ago, aimed high, and now are considered industry leaders. The staff at Scorpion is dedicated to delivering us helmets with unsurpassed development and expertise, and have a bead on what we want from them with intent to hand us that. This model AT950 has all the bells and whistles. Advanced AG Carbonite Shell, Dual Density EPS, Aero tuned ventilation system, and Ever Clear no fog face shield. Oversized eye port for excellent peripheral and the design is classy. Available in many sizes, with 3 colors available, so check them out and get an $850 helmet’s specs for less than half that!
2. HJC CL-17 Rebel – This One is “The Punisher” Themed – Other Graphics Available
- Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Shell: Lightweight, superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD...
- Optically Superior Pinlock ready Faceshield: New 3D design provides 95% UV protection, an...
- Pinlock insert sold separately
The HJC CL-17 Rebel is designed by HJC, a company that has been regarded as”the” industry leader since 1971, holding 1st place in the world for 18 years now. They are globally recognized for going overboard designing helmets that are the strongest and lightest weight, offering excellent performance to riders. HJC spends tons of time and money testing and carefully designing their products, and the benefits of this will likely be visible any time you see their name. The HJC CL-17 Motorcycle Helmets come in a variety of designs, are priced to accommodate any budget. We also noticed that HJC helmets all have excellent ratings. The Advanced Poly-carbonate Composite Shell offers a lightweight and comfortable fit using advanced CAD technology. An Optically Superior Pinlock ready Face shield gives you excellent range of vision, and the new 3D design provides 95% UV protection. Amazing anti-scratch and anti-fog protection, and an Extra Pinlock insert for easy access. ACS Advanced Channeling Ventilation System allows for excellent airflow, designed to push humidity up and out, and is tested for noise in HJC’s windtunnel. DOT and Snell approved, and customers are bragging that it feels great on and is a very quiet helmet. 4.7 stars and reasonably priced!
1. SHOEI RF-1200 Parameter Helmet
- Around every corner is a brand new adventure, and with that comes the uncontrollable desire to push...
- At SHOEI, they know that feeling quite well, which is precisely why they never stop pushing...
- Enter the all-new RF-1200.
You will find this helmet just about everywhere you look online. The reason for this is because it is a lightweight, full featured masterpiece that comes in a variety of colors, and even has an impressive story. Every helmet from SHOEI is hand crafted in Japan using a sophisticated process and requires over 50 people to finish it. This helmet is the top of its class in terms of performance and technology and will offer you excellent ventilation, tested for the perfect balance of airflow and silence. Also mastered for absolute precision, the unrivaled peripherals of the RF-1200 are sure to impress as well as the extra lengths SHOEI goes through to make sure their helmets are safe. Enjoy a Multi-Ply Matrix+ shell, meaning that the design incorporates a six-ply matrix with hand laid interwoven layers of fiberglass, using organic fibers and resin. What you end up with is a helmet that is designed to be the strongest, lightest, and most elastic shell. Your head will be cradled in a contoured, multi-density foam technology meant to reduce impact, and a quick, emergency release system, allowing medical personnel to easily remove the helmet with the minimal load placed on the neck. The 3D Max-Dry Interior System ll is also fully removable, washable, replaceable and adjustable. (Not to mention impressive.) The liner material used in the Max-Dry System absorbs and dissipates sweat twice as fast as traditional nylon, and customers are saying that it is the best they have ever had. Collectors, SHOEI enthusiasts, and previous owners all agree that SHOEI has outdone themselves when the RF-1200 is compared to its predecessors. SHOEI also gives a generous 5-year warranty, or 7 years from the date of manufacture, whichever comes first.
Picking a helmet to protect you while you ride is a tough job in itself, but when you throw in personal taste, features, and price it gets even harder, and the one you want may not be in your budget. We’ve assembled this list with your best interest in mind, and we’ve hunted down manufacturers that wanted to give you all the features without charging an arm and a leg for them. There are some higher priced models on this list, and honestly, they are better in their own like. However, the cheaper ones we chose, if you look closely aren’t cheap at all. They are packed with features, designed for safety, performance, and noise, and then finely tuned to balance weight and not make you drowsy on rides. We would have to give the best helmet to SHOEI, simply because they deliberately go overboard to give you everything that you need in a helmet, and it shows. Our best budget pick would honestly be anything under $200 on this list, and it’s because they are all incredible in their own likeness. We hope this keeps you safe, comfortable, and in your zone while you’re riding, and we wish you the best! Be safe out there!