Whether you ride a cruiser, a street bike, an adventure touring bike, an ATV or UTV, or dirt bikes and snowmobiles, there are different types of dedicated footwear that you should look at before you buy.
Here’s a look at 10 of the best riding shoes that can make you feel like a real rider.
Table of Contents
- 10. O’Neal Rider Boots (Black, Size 12)
- 9. Men’s Motorcycle Racing Boots
- 8. HJC Extreme Men’s Snow Boots
- 7. Vega Sport II Boots (Black, Size 11)
- 6. Alpinestars S-MX 1 Boots, Distinct Name: Black, Gender: Mens/Unisex, Size: 9.5B005SNLYNQ
- 5. Milwaukee Motorcycle Clothing Company Accelerator Leather Men’s Motorcycle Boots
- 4. Joe Rocket Heartbreaker Women’s Boots
- 3. JHarley-Davidson Men’s Brake Light Boot
- 2. Forma Adventure Off-Road Motorcycle Boots
- 1. Forma Boulder Trials Off-road Motorcycle Boots
10. O’Neal Rider Boots (Black, Size 12)
- Injection molded plastic plates protect against impacts. Metal shank insert reinforces the shape of...
- Easy to operate, Snap-Lock adjustable four buckle closure system. Durable Goodyear welt sole is...
- Metal toe guard to protect the sole against delaminating. Moderate grip sole is great for track,...
These boots are popular with riders of UTVs and ATVs and off-road vehicles for a reason. They are tough and stylish, with a high quality design and affordable price.
The features of the boot include impact-friendly injection molded plastic plates, metal shank inserts, snap-lock four buckle closure, metal toe-guard, moderate grip sole, air mesh inner, cushioned insole, heat shield, and a rear pull tab.
The boot is a little stiff when new but fits like a glove when broken in. It runs a little small and is cheaper than the O’Neal Element which has a molded cap instead of a metal toe.
9. Men’s Motorcycle Racing Boots
If you’re into street sports, then these racing boots may be for you. The ankle-height boots have a synthetic leather outer shell, a non-slip rubber outsole, breathable nylon lining, reflective back panel, and strong Velcro fastenings.
The boots stay semi-dry and have good ankle support, but when you’re riding in wet weather, you’re probably going to have water trickle in from the top.
Overall, these boots are sleek, durable and protective, but as expected from the price, you get non-leather construction and not the best finishing.
However, the price beats similar-looking Sidi Streetburner which costs over six times the price of these NEW boots.
8. HJC Extreme Men’s Snow Boots
- Designed especially for winter power sports
- Waterproof & Water Resistant Synthetic Leather Upper
- Removable Insulated Polar Thermolite Fleece Liner
If you’re looking for boots to ride in extreme weather, you’ll find the HJC snowmobile boots perfect for the job.
These boots are designed for winter power sports.
Features include a synthetic leather upper that is waterproof, a removable fleece liner with polar thermolite insulation, and comfort in temperatures as low as -68F, full lace-up with a hook and D-ring design.
The boot looks great, and you can also use it on your ATV, UTV or street cruisers.
The traction sole, arch support, and rubber toe caps offer additional support.
It’s more specialized than the HJC Standard Men’s Snow Boots and much cheaper than the IXS Men’s Madox GTX Boots.
7. Vega Sport II Boots (Black, Size 11)
- Sleek street racing design with combo hook/loop-zip closure and a padded interior, contour molded...
- 11-1/4 inch height formed thermoplastic and high-quality stitched leather uppers, height is measured...
- Articulated woven fabric instep provides support and flexibility
These sleek and 11 ¼ inch high boots are designed for street racing.
They have a padded interior, a loop-zip and hook closure, molded shift guard, thermoplastic and leather upper, woven fabric instep, replaceable shin and toe sliders.
The boots come with a 1-year manufacturer defect warranty.
They cost a fraction of most racing boots, especially when you compare with the prohibitively priced SIDI Mag 1.
It is a rigid boot, so you are likely to find some stiffness.
Also, wear thick crew socks for the greatest comfort.
Even the SIDI Mag-1 boots are stiff since it is an unavoidable quality of these types of boots.
6. Alpinestars S-MX 1 Boots, Distinct Name: Black, Gender: Mens/Unisex, Size: 9.5B005SNLYNQ
- Style: Street
The Alpinestars ankle riding boots are designed for street sports, and they look great.
They are sleek and are built with a lightweight microfiber upper, breathable mesh inserts, perforated side panels, thick ankle protection on the sides, TPU protection at the ankle and TPU heel counter, slider and shift pad.
The boots have reinforced toeboxes under the upper.
Overall, these boots are reasonably light at 3.7 pounds, and are very comfortable for motorcycle boots.
It’s also available in four attractive colors.
Compared with the Joe Rocket Atomic riding boots, which notoriously has too small a toe though it is also cheaper, the Alpinestars boots are a great balance of value and performance, backed by a trusted brand.
5. Milwaukee Motorcycle Clothing Company Accelerator Leather Men’s Motorcycle Boots
- Full leather upper
- Instant comfort provided with freedom flex construction
- Soles are non-skid, non-marking and oil resistant
Milwaukee also makes women’s boots and Accelerator for women is full grain leather, with a 7-inch height, an easy pull-on design with side zippers and an adjustable ankle strap.
The women’s boot doesn’t have the laces that the men’s boot does.
It has a non-skin sole and oil resistant and non-marking properties.
The 6C size weighs about 4 pounds, so these boots are not on the lighter side.
But they are heavy duty for motorcycle use.
Many women may find it fits better when compared with the Milwaukee Classic women’s leather motorcycle boots, which don’t have any adjustable ankle strap.
4. Joe Rocket Heartbreaker Women’s Boots
- Perforated leather chassis
- Large articulated suede front panel providing maximum mobility and an elevated level of control
- A two and a half inch hidden wedge giving you the extra little boost in height
These women’s boots are great-looking mid-calf boots with a perforated leather outer, large suede panel with articulations for flexibility, a hidden wedge of 2 inches, strong adjustment buckles and a heavy duty expansion panel in the calf area with hook-and-loop adjustments.
These boots are quite heavy at 15 pounds, but that is to be expected from off-road motorcycle and UTV/ATV friendly boots.
The boots will seem stiff at first, but once you’ve broken them in they will fit like a glove.
The soles are skid-proof for safety. They also look stylish while protecting the right kind of protection.
In comparison the Sketchers women’s ruched motorcycle boot soft suede and lightweight but not suitable for extreme conditions.
3. JHarley-Davidson Men’s Brake Light Boot
- Oil, slip, and abrasion resistant
- Full length cushion sock lining
- Goodyear welt construction
The great-looking Harley-Davidson boots for men are made of full grain leather upper, with a rubber sole, slip-resistnat and oil-resistant, full length cushioned lining and Goodyear welt construction.
The Boots are not expensive and they look great while providing a reasonable amount of protection for street riding.
They are generally very durable boots, but some users have had issues with the zippers coming off.
Notwithstanding this repairable issue, the Harley-Davidson Brake Light boots for men are roomy, well-fitting but comfortable to walk in.
They may take a little time to break into.
They are similar to the Diversion riding boots from the same brand, but the latter had a lace-up style instead of zippers.
2. Forma Adventure Off-Road Motorcycle Boots
- Outer- Full-grain oil treated leather upper; Specific adventure/enduro/atv-quad double density...
- Plastic gear pad protection; Adjustable Velcro closure; Replaceable/adjustable GH plastic buckles....
- Inner- Drytex lining (waterproof and breathable); Shin and ankle TPU molded plastic protections
For heavy duty adventures looking for a well-made and protective off-road motorcycle boot, the Forma Adventure may be a good choice.
These great-looking boots come in black and brown versions.
They have a full-grain oil treated leather upper, double density rubber sole, injection molded plastic protection, ankle reinforcements, a breathable and waterproof Drytex lining, TPU molded plastic ankle and shin protection, extra-soft polymer padding, antibacterial footbed that can be replaced.
Overall, these high-tech boots are well worth the two-fifty that you shell out for it.
It beats its competition, the O’Neal Rider Boots by a lighter weight of nearly 10 pounds.
1. Forma Boulder Trials Off-road Motorcycle Boots
- CE Certified quality; Full-grain leather upper; Trials anti-slip/oil rubber sole
- Safety Ankle Shield for extra protection; Heel cup to facilitate gear change when standing; Shaped...
- Personalized suede leather heat protector; Adjustable Velcro closure; Replaceable/adjustable GH...
These boots come with safety ankle shield which provides you extra protection for your unlimited riding activities.
Qualified by CE, the boots consist of a full-grain leather upper and trail anti-slip/oil rubber sole.
Moreover, the boots also provide you with personalized suede leather heat protector that can be adjusted freely.
The thing that makes this boots special is the padded inner lining which is reinforced by polyurethane nylon and the extra soft polymer padding with memory foam.
It weighs only 8.2 pounds which gives you ease of movement during the ride.
These boots are made by some of the best names in the motorcycle gear industry, but the list is by no means exhaustive.
The boots on the list are some of the most popular tried-and-tested boots that you can purchase on Amazon.com.
They also won’t punch a hole in your wallet.